A growing number of Americans are going hungry
Please discuss the questions with a partner and then read the article and look at the photographs.
- Is there anything wrong with going to bed hungry? Why / why not?
- Have you ever been starving? For how long?
- Have you ever been fasting? For how long? Why did you choose to do it? Was it a good experience? Why / why not?
- The US has around 320 million citizens. How many of them do you think sometimes or often don’t have enough to eat?
James Corden Responds to Bill Maher’s Fat Shaming Take
- Have you heard of “Fat Shaming”? What is it? Does it work? Discuss with a partner.
- Is shaming ever excused? What function does it serve? What are some alternatives to shaming?
- Please click the link above and watch the video.
- Do you agree with the host? Or perhaps you prefer Bill Maher’s position? Discuss with a partner.